The Lively Arts Difference
OUR SCHOOL BUILDING
- We have a beautiful school building that is ours exclusively.
- Because we do not share our space with any other group we are able to have beautiful classrooms and teachers are able to leave their classrooms as is at the end of the week.
- We have a full gymnasium which provides us with indoor play time during inclement weather.
- We have a commercial kitchen where we are able to have cooking classes for entire classrooms.
- We have a dedicated Family Lounge that provides space for parents/caregivers to gather, discuss homeschool, grab a cup of coffee or just relax.
- We have a large playground nestled among lots of shade trees with a large sand play area, climbing structures, a variety of types of swings, an obstacle course, slack line area picnic tables and a GaGa Ball pit (built by our middle school students)
- We have a large playfield for large games and gatherings.
- We also have many other shaded, grassy areas that allow special subject classes to be held outdoors, for a classroom to have lunch, snack or to be outside for Tea Time and for parent/caregivers to gather at a picnic table and chat.
- We intentionally keep our class sizes small so that students can more easily make friends and teachers can build strong relationships with each child. Classes will have 10-15 students.
- We feel it’s important for students to be with their own development age group for a majority of their day, to help them more easily experience learning and to help make enduring friends.
- Classes are typically grouped: Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd grades, 3rd&4th, 5th & 6th and then 7, 8 & 9
- There are also times when we have multiple age events with all the students.
- Each age group has its own homeroom teacher and its own classroom.
- Having a homeroom teacher who is with the class for the day, provides students with a real sense of security.
- By having a dedicated classroom, students have a place of belonging and a place for their things during the day.
- This ultimately leads to a great sense of security and continuity, reducing anxiety and eases the transition from home to a school setting.
- By being together as a class throughout the day, students develop a real sense of community.
STUDENT SUPPORT COORDINATOR
- This coordinator is a resource for students with 504 accommodations.
- Assists families in getting connected to possible resources within Jeffco School district or the community.
- Provides coaching to students on emotional regulation.
- Provides classes for parents/caregivers on emotional regulation, behavior management, and temperament.