Middle School Enrichment Program (Grades 5 to 8)
The Middle School Homeschool Enrichment Program features outdoor classes, practical arts classes, and fine arts classes typical of Waldorf Education. These classes are offered in five- to seven-week blocks with some of them meeting weekly and others being offered on a rotating basis. The offerings include:
- Outdoor adventure classes (rock climbing and biking)
- Cyber Civics (computer responsibility and ethics for middle school students)
Offerings are subject to change due to enrollment numbers.
Friday, September 2 to Friday, October 21
The Middle School Homeschool Enrichment Program will meet on Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., except for days when the school is closed. The first six weeks, students will meet at the school and then carpool to the site for rock climbing and mountain biking. In the afternoon, we will have lunch, art, and Cyber Civics.
Rhythm Starting Friday, October 28
The rhythm that the students will follow is below:
- 9:00-9:50 handwork (Ms. Smith) – Art Room
- 9:50-10:55 snack/Spanish (Senora Alban) – Faddick Hall
- 10:55-11:45 Cyber Civics (Ms. Hillen) – Faddick Hall
- 11:45-12:40 Art (Ms. Riccio) – Art Room
- 12:40-1:30 Lunch/Recess (Senora Alban) – Outside
- 1:30-2:00 Bal a Vis x (Mr. Ebert) – Great Hall
- 2:00-3:00 Get to know you games class (Ms. Pollitt) – Outside
The students will enjoy several field trips throughout the year that are specific to the interests of a middle school student.