Lower Grades Enrichment Program (Grades 1 to 4)
Students in the lower grades will benefit from participating in many of the Special Subjects that are part of a Waldorf curriculum including handwork, music, art, games, Spanish, nature-based activities, seasonal festivals, and field trips.
The rhythm for students in the lower grades is as follows:
- 9:00 to 9:50 a.m. – Spanish (Senora Alban) – Faddick Hall
- 9:50 to 10:45 a.m. – Snack/Handwork (Ms. Smith) – Art Room
- 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. – Music (Singing & Pentatonic Flute with Ms. Bijkerk) – Aftercare Room
- 11:45 a.m. to 12:40 p.m. – Games (Ms. Pollitt) – Outside
- 12:40 to 1:30 p.m. – Lunch/Recess (Ms. Riccio) – Faddick Hall
- 1:30 to 2:00 p.m. – Reading/Storytelling/Beeswax (Ms. Pollitt) – Faddick Hall or Outside
- 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. – Art (Ms. Riccio) – Art Room
In addition to the classroom enrichment, there will be five field trips to various places to engage children in outdoor pursuits and Colorado history.
- Denver Puppet Theater
- Botanic Gardens